Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Winter Mountain House

The first scene in my dream I have had before, except this time it was less dramatic.
I was simply traveling through the snowy woods on a mountainside, the dark blue haze surrounded the edges of everything and gave the snow a bluish tint. My father and I were driving on a snowy narrow road through a dense pine forest in an older pickup truck, a little beat up. We come to a steep, downhill clearing, like the kind you see on a mountain for the big metal power line supports except there were no power line structures. We drove down the clearing and back into the woods. The ground leveled out, and we pulled into a semi-circular driveway that looked like it had recently been cleared with a snow-blower. The house was white, and dirty, like an old country house, normal sized house. My father apparently owned it, but had a middle-aged woman, dry-blond hair with no definitive style, like a typical middle-class housewife. She wasn't anything significant to my father other than someone who kept the house together when he wasn't there. The house was poorly decorated, carpet and furniture was out of date and had a bit of a must smell. There was an undecorated christmas tree in the corner.

Then I jumped to something else. I don't remember most of it, but I do remember getting out of a parked car, and walking to class in a crowded hallway. I saw my friend jacqueline, and I called out to her, she turned around and came over to give me w hug, when we both ralized I wasn't wearing a shirt. I had forgotten my shirt. I started studdering and trying to make up and excuse as to why i forgot my shirt. She had on some type of warmer, outer-wear, and she unnecessarily had a t-shirt underneath it. She said I could borrow hers, so she started to take the t-shirt off, while still wearing the outer-whatever it was. But then I realized my shirt was resting around my neck like a towel, and told her it wasn't necessary for me to borrow her shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment