Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Catamaran / New People

Last night I had a dream which was almost a continuation of a previous one. The event that took place was an annual event, and my dream last night was the 2nd annual event.

It was all the guys in my fraternity, we had to make this annual trek to the woods and move this giant catamaran through the woods and put it together in the water and sail it to a certain part of the lake. This catamaran was made only from materials found in the woods.

From what I can remember from the 'year before' the catamaran was already built, but to transport it through the woods, we had to take it in pieces. Since it was our first year we had to clear a path for the different pieces. I took charge of clearing the path with some other people. Cutting down brush, moving rocks and fallen trees, all while watching you back for wild animals.

This year I took the same role, since I did a good job the year before, and scouted ahead to see how the trails held up. There was minor growth over the old paths,and some rocks that had either fell back or rain had exposed them from under the dirt.

Last year we had worked on it late into the night, working only by torch light. This year it was early morning and we had these hybrid boar-people (like from the book "The island of Dr. Moreau) to help us move anything heavy. We only needed their help a few times.

So, we got the catamaran down to the water's edge, we assembled the catamaran, and sailed off. We were supposed to sail to a certain location, anchor the raft in place with these long 4x4's and perform some kind of ritual. When we got to the spot, a storm started coming in, and we couldn't do the ritual with the storm coming in. I got up in the crows nest and we pulled anchor and set off.

The End.


Next, I found myself talking with these people. they weren't normal people, I got the sense they were Amish, Mennonite, or something else. There was a plain looking girl, her and other people were making baked goods to sell. I was in this partially boxed in area with these bushes that produced tan and black seeds that were used in making their cookies. I helped pick a bunch for them because I wanted some of their cookies, I didnt feel completely welcome tho, there was this feeling that I was somewhat intruding or bothering them. I had the cookies and they were pretty good.

Next I was in a house with my mother, little brother, and a seeing eye dog. The house was a mix between my mother's house, and my grandparent's old house. I had to walk the dog which looked like a German Shepherd / Rotweiller mix. It was a very vocal dog that would respond to anything you said to him. He would look very sad and make sad noises every time you said "i'm sorrry". that's all i remember

No comments:

Post a Comment